In order to receive phone calls, employees must route their phone numbers to a specific phone. By default, a user's phone number is routed to ext. 8070 (the district voicemail phone number). Until re-routed, all calls to a newly created number will go directly to voicemail for that user.
If an employee changes rooms, they will need to follow this procedure to ensure that they receive phone calls on the correct/new phone
Please note, any changes made today won't take effect until after midnight.
Please follow the steps below to route your Employee DID to your current office/classroom:
- Launch and sign into FileMaker
- On the Main Menu, click to open the "Phone Routing App"
- Your DID number will appear at the top of the screen
- Also, be sure you select the proper calendar that pertains to you at the top of the screen
- Now look at the phone in your room and use the right pointing silver arrow key on it to go to the "Info" screen
- Scroll down until you see the 'Phone:' section. This is where the 4 digit extension for the classroom phone is listed
- Go back to your Phone Routing App on your computer and look at the first box for Monday
- By default it will read 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM and go directly to ext 8070, which is voicemail.
- Click the top line reading from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM and you will be able to choose a new End Time and Extension that your DID will ring if dialed
ONLY THE END TIME AND EXTENSION NUMBER CAN BE MODIFIED (start times will auto-adjust after an end time is modified)
To forward calls directly to voicemail, enter 8070 | To forward calls to a cell phone, enter a non-district phone number
The criteria listed here is depicted in the example to the right
- Calls are routed to voicemail from midnight until 7 a.m.
- Calls are routed to the phone (extension 2292) until 4:30 PM (ie the phone in the classroom will ring)
- Calls are routed to voicemail until midnight (completing the schedule for the day)